#1 Q)What is... A)A boy in... #2 Q)Mike nicknamed... A)Thought she... #3 Q)At the beginning... A)It showed that... #4 Q)Mike liked horses... A)He was afraid... #5 Q)The Pest said... A)Exercising muscles.. #6 Q)Put these... A)Mike yelled... Mike was... Mike took... Mike gave... #7 Q)A simile is... A)Each breath... #8 Q)According to... A)Mike could... #9 Q)Read these two... A)Started to see... #10 Q)This selection... A)Realistic fiction...
A Dragon Has Eaten The Sun
A. Eclipses are…
Q. The word “eclipse”…
Q. Put These…
A.Total, Hybrid, Annular, Partial
Q. According to…
A.The moon passes the outer section
Q. A partial…
A.Only a portion…
Q. Ancient civilizations…
Q. Based on…
Q. In what way…
Q. Choose the…
A. Colors with longer…
Q. The author…
Truth In Tasting
#1 Q.What is the main... A.Small ideas can influence #2 Q.Why did Martha... A.To get experience... #3 Q.Place the following... A.Martha launches, Martha's father, Martha raises, Martha goes to Africa #4 Q.Which of the following... A.Finding time #5 Q.Which result... A.Helping bring food #6 Q.How did Martha... A.Disappointed #7 Q.What is an educational... A.More children... #8 Q.In the following... A.Nevertheless #9 Q.What evidence does... A.Some of her classmates... #10 Q.Read this excerpt... A.She would not have enough readers
Level F Answers Database
The above are 3 examples from the 40 stories in our Level L Collection.
#1 Q.What is the... A.Reports from storm... #2 Q.When warm moist... A.Tornado... #3 Q.Based on this... A.Wireless... #4 Q.What are two... A.Seek shelter... + Install... #5 Q.Put the steps... Warm air... Two invisible... Warm and cold... Clouds generate... #6 Q.What is one... A.Storm chasers drive... #7 Q.In this excerpt... A.Develop fully #8 Q.Looking at this... A.Great Plains #9 Q.Overall, weather.... A.Their severe... #10 Q.Choose the... (Not Specific) A.The Nation...
The Heritage Of Capoeira
Q)What is the main... A)A formerly disguised.. Q)According to the selection...(2 Answers) A)They both focus... A)they both teach... Q)What was the primary.. A)To disguise the martial... Q)Which two of the following... (2 ANSWERS) A)The Negativa evasion... A)The aerial roll... Q)Put the following actions... A)Both capoeristas sway back, one capoeirista provides, one capoeirista executes, both capoeiristas Q)In this excerpt, the word... A)Makes an additional... Q)Trying to discover.. A)Mining for gems.. Q)What evidence does the author... A)Escaped slaves... Q)How do these two excerpts... A)They both illustrate Q)Choose the sentence in this excerpt that uses... A)They were treated as commodities
Q)What is the main idea.. A)A SIMPLE BUT... Q)Based on this excerpt, the main A)NOBLE BUT IMPOVERISHED Q)Read this excerpt. From it... A)PEARLS A)Whit mean tiny... Q)What ultimately motivates the gentleman... A)HE IS CONVINCED Q)Based on this excerpt, thhe word "scoured".. A)BURNISHED Q)Why did he rename the horse? A)HE BELIEVED THE HORSE NEEDED AN APPROPRIATE Q)Chose the sentence in this excerpt that best... A)THIS, HE CONSIDERED Q)In this selection, de Cervantes... A)A KNIGHT ERRANT
Level L Answers Database
The above are 3 examples from the 27 stories in our Level L Collection.
*Alternative Title: Four-Footed Visitors* 1) The selection is mainly... beneficial bonds between... 2) How can you tell the nursing home... They have positioned themselves... 3) What does it mean when the author says... The dogs do the same thing... 4) Choose the sentence in this excerpt... They too get great satisfaction... 5) A good therapy dog must be... cool, calm, and collected. 6) Based on this selection, how do most... uplifted 7) Why does the author say a therapy animal... It can sense a dangerous... 8) What sense does the author... touch 9) Based on this selection, having a child... composure and confidence. 10) In which two ways are... Service animals can perform..., Service animals undergo...
Germs in sports and schools
1)This selection is mainly about... making an effort to stay healthy 2)*What was... acceptance... physical stature..* 3)MRSA is a serious infection because... only special 4)*Choose the two sentences... After the MRSA scare;Since germs * 5)In this selection... They are frequently 6)*Put these steps... Students were educated; hand sanitizers; 7)Students were made aware; Backpacks... 8)*According to this selection... cafeteria 9)*What evidence...the number of student sick days 10)*Why does the author... to inject a humorous
1)The selection was mainly.. A. achieving a career goal 2)What first aroused Tonya's interest... A. a crime-solving TV character 3)How are the FBI agents... A. FBI agents investigate crime... 4)The author admires Tonya for her ability... A. Tonya majored in Mandarin and Arabic... b. Tonya got a job at the United Nations... 5)Put the initial four phases of becoming... A. a. battery of written tests b. personal interview c. physical Fitness test d. drug and background checks 6)What job did Tonya get... A. entry-experienced translator 7)Which of the following shows the theme... A. Her determination to secure a ... 8)What part does the polygraph... A. It confirms Tonya was not lying... 10)Choose the sentence in this excerpt... competence and self-assurance. A. Because of her training, she realized she was ready for this exact moment. 11)What was the most important factor... A. Her knowledge of foreign languages
Level H Answers Database
The above are 3 examples from the 34 stories in our Level H Collection.
Douglas Denounces Slavery
1.Q What is the main idea of this speech A. Celebrations of independence are meaningless to a slave. 2.Q In his speech Douglass accuses the audience of A. Showing hypocrisy by celebrating liberty while there is slavery in America 3.Q What was Douglass' opinion of the Declaration Of Independence A. It included principals that he thought should apply to all people 4.Q In this excerpt, what would make Douglass' task "light" and "delightful" A. Granting the slaves freedom to truly enjoy independence 5.Q In this excerpt the phrase "in fetters" most closely means A. In chains 6.Q Which sentence from the selection supports the irony Douglass' being asked to speak on the Fourth of July A. The rich inheritance of justice, liberty, prosperity and independence, bequeathed by your fathers , is shared by you, not by me 7.Q What is the main reason Douglass accepts the invitation to speak even though he cannot celebrate independence A. To use the occasion to denounce the wrongs of American slavery 8.Q Based on this excerpt, what issue on slavery does Douglass feel there is no need to defend A. The humanity of the slave 9.Q In this excerpt, Douglass' tone could be described as A. Accusatory 10.Q In this excerpt what does the author mean by "America reigns without a rival"? A. America is the worst practitioner of abuses.
Goals Of A Free Society
Q1 Eisenhower's address mainly A. ...changes nation was to make Q2 In his speech, Eisenhower notes there is uncertainty that America will continue to face... A. Outsized increases in defence spending. Q3 Based on this excerpt you can tell that Eisenhower was a supporter of which two of the following ideals. A. Equality, compassion Q4 What does this excerpt tell you about the years of Eisenhower's presidency? A. There had been military buildup unprecedented in American history. Q5 According to Eisenhower, "good judgement seeks" which 2 of the following qualities. A. Balance, progress Q6 When he mentions the"millitary-industrial complex," Eisenhower is referring to A. The combination of a large standing army and permanent.... Q7 Eisenhower notes that "threats, new in mind or degree constantly aside." What is one threat he cites and from where does the threat originate. A. The intellectual compromise of universities due to high levels of government-funded research. Q8 Choose the sentence in this excerpt that gives the best evidence for why the U.S has expanded its and industry according to Eisenhower. A. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation.... Q9 The first excerpt is from Eisenhower's speech. The second is from JFK. ... What is the tone of each excerpt? A. Kennedy is more optimistic about relations with the Soviet union... Q10 In this exerpt, what is Eisenhower's make concern in the establishment of what he terms "the millitary-industrial complex"? A. Its influence on the government could endanger democratic processes.
A Little Brown Bean
Q1 This selection is mainly about coffee and A. How it spread and became popular around the world. Q2 How was the earliest coffee different from what people consume today? A. People chewed the coffee beans. Q3 In this exerpt, what does the phrase "a diplomatic tool" mean? A. Coffee was used to ease negotiations. Q4 Gabriel DeClieu was important to the history of coffee because A. He smuggled coffee plants into the new world. Q5 What does the word "countenance" mean in this excerpt? A. Allow Q6 Why were plantation workers paid do poorly? A. Coffee prices were lower than the cost of production. Q7 How are robusta beans different from arabica beans? A. They are far easier to grow. Q8 Put these countries in order in which coffee made it's aperance from first to last. A. Ethiopia, Yeman, India and Java Q9 Based on this selection, you can tell that the author's opinion on coffee drinking is A. Positive Q10 Choose the sentence that best shoes why the production of coffee is so inconsistent. A. Coffee is a highly volatile product, dependent on weather.
Level J Answers Database
The above are 3 examples from the 23 stories in our Level J Collection.
The Rock / A Legendary Prison
1) This selection is mainly about... The unique history of a... 2) How does the author create... by using phrases like... 3) Choose the sentence in this excerpt... However, most of the prisoners... 4) Place these events in the history... Juan Manuel... Alcatraz is chosen... Civil War... Civilian prisoners... 5) The need for a new... increase in organized crime... 6) In which two of the following ways... take showers... get haircuts. 7) What do the items in this image... ... escaped Alcatraz on a raft made of... 8) What sentence supports the government's... In most federal prisons the ratio... 9) Based on this excerpt... **had not resorted to vandalizing buildings... 10) Based on this ending excerpt... Every cloud has a silver lining.
Be A Social Worker
1) What is the main idea... Social work is a fulfilling career... 2) Derrick had an important effect... liked the experience... 3) Which sentence is the best definition... ...help people get through difficult... 4) Which sentence helps to explain... I was naturally drawn... 5) Put these events in the author's life... happily entertains... cares for a young... interviews caregivers and learns... works in an... 6) Besides working directly... develop programs to address issues... raise funds or write grants... 7) According to this selection, a caregiver... exhausted. 8) The author states that social... Although Derrick's language was warbled... 9) Choose the sentence... One of the most important services... 10) Which sentence support's the author's statement that... Social workers often see the good...
Heathcliff's New Tenant
1) What is the main idea of this selection? A new tenant learns about his landlord during their first meeting. 2) Who is the narrator of this selection? Mr.Lockwood, the new tenant. 3) Choose the sentence in this excerpt...defines the name... "Wuthering" being a significant provincial... 4) In this excerpt, you can tell that Mr.Heathcliff treasures his solitude. 5) Mr.Heathcliff reveals he has a sense of compassion by asking a servant to tend to Mr.Lockwood's horse. 6) Based on this excerpt, the decor of... a mishmash of objects, both large and small. 7) Mr.Lockwood feels that his reputation... his solitary nature made him... 8) His reaction to the dogs' assault... felt apologetic... 9) Mr.Lockwood describes seeing which two types of dogs... pointers, sheep-dogs. 10) Read this excerpt. Following the dog incident... switches to a more relaxed atmosphere.
Level I Answers Database
The above are 3 examples from the 29 stories in our Level I Collection.
A Daring Escape
This selection is mainly about a youth who pays a great price What was Daedalus's motive for trying... jealousy Which sentence support the conclusion... he was always thinking up new ways What does this excerpt imply about Daedalus? his inventiveness was so great that Put the sentences in order... 1. he covered the wing frame 2. he tested the wings 3. he made another pair 4. he showed Icarus how to use them Choose the sentence in this except that foreshadows an event... down by the seashore Which sentence id true about Icarus and flying? he had felt as if he were Compared to the fight of Icarus... slower and clumsier What was Icarus's "deadly mistake"? he allowed the thrill of flight In this excerpt the author leaves the reader... was a few seconds of perfect In this excerpt, the author creates a mood of... jubilation
A Flight for Survival
1) What is the main idea... High-risk tasks can be... 2) In this excerpt, the tone... composed and did not panic... 3) What was the problem on... an oxygen tank... 4) Which two of the following... The fuel cells... Liquid oxygen... 5) Put the following steps in order... Analyze... Determine... Figure... perform... 6) According to the selection... find a new source... regain control... 7) In this excerpt... Group of... 8) Based on this excerpt... Lunar landing module 9) What part did the object... provided the gravitational push... 10) What would probably have happened... failed to make it home alive
Passage To The Underworld
1) What is the main idea... While archaeologists have learned... 2) King Tut's tomb... it had been forgotton... 3) According to the selection... It was the 62nd recorded tomb... 4) Something is ironic... Although Tut... He was just... 5) Compared to the other... relatively small. 6) The selection states that... The Opening of the Mouth... The artisans only decorated... 7) In the tomb of... an entrance to... 8) Based on this excerpt... the journey to... 9) Queen Tausret's reign... She became queen after... She was the last Egyptian... 10) According to the selection... to avoid digging...
Level G Answers Database
The above are 3 examples from the 26 stories in our Level G Collection.
Cycling Capital Of The World
Question 1: What is the main idea of this selection? Answer: Making cities more bike-friendly has become increasingly popular... Question 2: According to the selection, what are two drawbacks to taking a taxi to travel around the city? Answer: 1-Taxis pollute the environment 2-Taxis can get stuck in traffic Question 3: Why can this part from the selection be considered ironic? Answer: The author writes that the best solution to cities'... Question 4: What could be considered surprising that Minneapolis, Minnesota, is the eighteenth most bike-friendly city in the world? Answer: The city receives a substantial amount of snowfall... Question 5: Read this excerpt from the selection. It discusses Copenhageners, but from it you can tell that all... Answer: Children who ride bikes are most likely to ride bikes as adults. Question 6: What was the main reason why Copenhagen's painted bike lanes were not effective in improving cyclists' safety? Answer: People would throw garbage in the bike lanes... Question 7: Read these two excerpts. What two things do they tell you about Copenhagenize's process in determining the world's most bike-friendly cities? Answer: 1-The more bike-friendly improvements a city makes... 2-The more inventive bike-friendly improvements a city makes... Question 8: Despite its high cost, for what main reason is the government of Copenhagen initiating it's cycling superhighway project? Answer: It's estimated to save the city's health care system... Question 9: How does the author support her claim that "environmental and human health are linked"? Answer: By giving an example of an environmental problem... Question 10: Compared to Copenhagen, Portland's cycling infrastructure is described as... Answer: Supplement in the vehicle space...
Question: What is the main idea of this selection? Answer: Miners trapped underground... Question: In this opening excerpt, the author creates a mood of... Answer: Danger and suspense Question: Which two hardships did relatives of the trapped miners have to endure initially? Answer: 1-Inadequate shelter... 2-Constant questioning... Question: The author supports his statement that mining is "inherently dangerous" by noting... Answer: The average number of miners... Question: Choose the sentence in this excerpt that indicates a contributing factor for the cave-in at the San-Jose mine. Answer: The mine, located near the... Question: Put the following events in the order in which they occurred, starting with the earliest. Answer: 1-Boreholes are drilled... 2-A drill penetrates... 3-Rescue workers pull... 4- A camera is sent... Question: Which of the following was the most dangerous condition faced by the trapped miners? Answer: Food supplies inadequate... Question: Which of the following can you conclude from these two excerpts? Answer: Survival for all... Question: What part does the fruit in this image play in this selection? Answer: It provided an example... Question: One decision the miners agreed to while trapped underground involved... Answer: Sharing of any proceeds...__,__ Question: why was Maria Segovia... �the mayoress�? Answer: she was assertive... Question: in this excerpt, the author uses... Answer: simile:::
A Tough Prisoner Of War
Q: Main idea? A: An airman's unbreakable spirit... Q: Place these events in Louie's life in the order in which they occurred... A: 1. Louie and his family... 2. Louie competes... 3. Louie flies... 4. Louie is taken captive... Q: When stuck in the life raft, it was most important... A: preserve their health keep their minds and spirits sharp Q: According to the selection, what was the Bird's purpose... A: to destroy his feeling of self-worth Q: Which of the following attributes helped Louie endure his imprisonment? A: his willpower and self-assurance Q: Choose the sentence in this excerpt that best explains why Louie started boxing. A: Third sentence Q: Which of the following sentences supports the author's description of Louie's return home after the war as "miraculous"? A: His family and friends had no idea that he was still alive. Q: Louie earned the nickname "Torrance Tornado" because he A: set a race record that remained unbroken for 15 years. Q: In this excerpt, what does Laura Hillenbrand mean when she calls Louie a "virtuoso of joy"? A: Louie was an expert at brightening her outlook... Q: What does this quote by Laura Hillenbrand say about life? A: A negative attribute can develop into a positive one over time.
Level K Answers Database
The above are 3 examples from the 32 stories in our Level K Collection.
High Risk Competitions
1. What is the main idea... Extreme sports involve a high level of inherent danger... 2. Choose the sentence in this excerpt that best summarizes its main idea. Extreme sports are often based on traditional sports... 3. Based on this selection, what distinguishes extreme sports... They involve more uncontrollable environmental variables. 4. Based on this selection, an experienced extreme athlete would... in which two areas? Risk Management + Psychological composure 5. Based on what you read, which extreme athlete has a connection... (Great Wall) Danny Way 6. Which sentence most strongly supports the author's contention... Sarah Burke had been considered... 7. What do these two excerpts indicate about extreme sports... Media and marketing campaigns have transformed extreme sports... 8. Put these developments in the history of extreme sports in order, from earliest to most recent. *Hawaiian natives invent surfing. *Sir Edmund Hillary summits Mount Everest. *Four men bungee jump from a bridge in England. *The first X Games are held... 9. In this excerpt, Warren's quote has a tone of Candidness 10. Based on what have you read, you can tell that Xpogo is Similar to most extreme sports because it modifies a traditional sport...
The Panama Canal
: What is the main idea of this selection? A: The Panama Canal is an extraordinary feat of engineering and construction that was built despite enormous obstacles Q: Which of the following was the most significant hindrance in recruiting and retaining labor for construction in Panama? A: The prevalence of diseases in the region Q: Which word best describes Ferdinand de Lesseps at the beginning of his Panama Canal project? A: Grandiose Q: In which two ways did Ferdinand de Lesseps' plan for a canal differ from the American plan? A: The Charges river would be diverted The mountain would be leveled to below sea level Q: Why was Dr. Gorgas able to eradicate yellow fever? A: Researchers identified mosquitoes as carriers of the disease Q: Why did the California gold rush trigger the need for a quicker route between the Atlantic and pacific oceans? A: ...time consuming and arduous Q: Put these events in the construction of the Panama Canal in the order in which they occurred, starting with the earliest A: The construction of a rail road The failure of the French canal project The eradication of yellow fever The completion of a manmade lake Q: What was the authors purpose in describing the difficulties in building the panama railroad? A: To foreshadow what the canal builders would face Q: Which of the following best expresses the lesson Ferdinand de Lesseps might draw from his Panama Canal experience? A: Appearances are deceiving Q: Chooses the sentence in this excerpt that contains a figure of speech called a simile A: The completion of the railroad energized the canal movement like a gust of wind to a wildfire
The Museum Of Trickery
1) What is the main idea of this selection? Forgery in its many forms... 2) Why was the West German magazine's printing of... Journalists did not fulfill their ethical... 3) Which two features are utilized in Canada's... Two lines of microtype, Hundreds of tiny moose hoofprints. 4) In what way has counterfeit money been used as a war tactic? To lower the value of the enemy's currency. 5) Based on this selection, what are superdollars? Forged U.S. dollars that are nearly indistinguishable from real dollars. 6) Why were British counterfeiters in the... Because of their ability to push fake currency into circulation. 7) Place the following in the order in which... Roman artists..., Albrecht Durer..., Rembrandt cemented..., An artist... 8) This excerpt makes the point that photographs that appear even in reputable media outlets cannot be assumed to be authentic. 9) Which sentence reflects the view... Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 10) Choose the sentence in this excerpt that explains how software companies can help prevent counterfeiting of money. In addition, software programs.
Level M Answers Database
The above are 3 examples from the 22 stories in our Level M Collection.
Level A – E
Levels A-E Answers Database
There are less stories in A to E so we keep them all grouped in the same section:)